Hi everyone! I am so sorry for the disappearance….again. Between school, moving into my new home and working I have had zero time to come here and write about my adventures and what has been going on in my life! We’re already almost finished with December and into the year 2023! It’s amazing and crazy to see how fast time flies sometimes. I hope everyone has been enjoying the festive holidays and keeping safe and being healthy. I just wanted to stop by and hopefully write more in the next upcoming weeks! Until next time (:
The Last of the Tea 🍵
The journey of my tea advent calendar has finally come to an end. I finished the last of the teas. I enjoyed this advent calendar more so than the traditional chocolate ones. One of the reasons is because each day was something new to try and look forward to. A new flavor and a new saying that goes with each one.
- Day 13 – wild apple & cinnamon – From old orchards apples come with sweet and spicy cinnamon. Perfect Christmas heaven.
- Day 14 – peppermint & licorice – Minty cool, sweet with delight. The perfect post feast treat.
- Day 15 – lemongrass & ginger – Herbs to bring a little Christmas zing to your day- a lemony kick to stir your soul.
- Day 16 – relax – Find a quiet moment. Let marshmallow root and chamomile flowers be your gentle calm.
- Day 17 – Chamomile vanilla & manuka honey – dusky vanilla infused chamomile. Sweet manuka to bring a smile.
- Day 18 – licorice & cinnamon – Cinnamon and cacoa- sweeter still with licorice. No more heavenly brew than this.
- Day 19 – tulsi clarity – For when all is frantic. Let sacred herbs bring clarity to your Christmas.
- Day 20 – three chamomile – Sit back on a bed of flowers. Chamomile will let the hours gently flow.
- Day 21 – cleanse – Here is a tea of cool mint green. Sparkle and glow with a Christmas sheen.
- Day 22 – after dinner – Tea for after dinner.
- Day 23 – three licorice – As sweet as sweet can be with three forms of licorice blended beautifully for tea.
- Day 24 – three fennel – Only Santa need be awake. These are the herbs to magic you to Christmas Day.
I hope everyone had a safe and amazing Christmas. With New Years on the way stay safe, celebrate and ring in the New Year! To trying new things, and always looking forward to new things.
Freshly-cut Christmas trees smelling of stars and snow and pine resin— inhale deeply and fill your soul with wintry night.
– John J. Geddes
More Tea for Me!
This is the perfect time for a cup of tea. It’s cold and raining and this perks you right up.
- Day 10 – Elderberry & Echinacea – A blend to keep winter at bay. Feel your power with every sip.
- Day 11 – Revitalize – Herbs together that smell of Christmas. Warming, uplifting- a cup to make your spirits festive.
- Day 12 – Ginseng Matcha Green – When your morning needs an extra skip. These are the herbs to light up your cup.
Days of Tea
More teas I was able to try!
- Day 5 Supreme Matcha Green Tea – Here is the cup to make you feel supreme. Organic Matcha and tea- the purest green.
- Day 6 Three Ginger – Three wise herbal kings are here. Majestic heat to feel the cheer.
- Day 7 Three Fennel – Leaves and seeds of a powerful plant. Gentle but essential to help food go down.
- Day 8 Turmeric Gold – This is the queen of all herbs. Each sip a draught of golden power.
- Day 9 Blackcurrant Beauty – Nature’s berries bold and deep. A cup of purple fruit and dark delight.
The little sayings behind each packet of tea are cute and they give a little insight on that specific tea.
“Some people will tell you there is a great deal of poetry and fine sentiment in a chest of tea.”
– Ralph Waldo Emerson
Tea of the Day!
Todays tea was, Pukka English Breakfast tea! I added a little bit of milk and had it in my Christmas mug. The saying today was :
At this time of year, breakfast should be special as this tea!
Let the festive Spirit…Begin!
I hope everyone has been having a fun, safe and happy year. This is my favorite season to celebrate. The festivities of Halloween leading into Thanksgiving, celebrating Christmas and then ringing out the New Year. So many events packed into just a few months. Celebrating Christmas has always been a festive and cheerful time for my family. My family has always liked to give small gifts or tokens through the month of December. This year I was gifted an advent calendar but with a twist: Tea. I love tea, and my mom actually found an advent calendar that has a different tea every day. Now, I can try out different flavors of tea and buy them if I like it. Each day of tea also gives a small saying behind it, which is cute. I was also gifted some comfy socks and a sloth ornament!
What are some of your Christmas Holiday traditions?
- Herbs to help you feel like new for mornings after or nights before. Day 1
- Cool mint and delicate rose. Perfect partners for a winter’s day. Day 2
- This is the cup that’s the carol singer’s friend. Sing loud with herbs that ease and tend. Day 3
“Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire: it is the time for home.”
― Edith Sitwell
Merry Christmas 2020
Merry Christmas to near and far! I hope you all had a wonderful, festive, safe and happy Christmas. I spent my Christmas with my family, had a nice dinner and opened some presents. Then we celebrated today via Zoom with more family. Stay positive, try to stay happy and most importantly stay healthy. Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas!
– 💚 Kat
“I don’t think Christmas is necessarily about things. It’s about being good to one another.” — Carrie Fisher
Candy Apples Galore!
A Favorite Disney Treat!
Are those candy apples?!
What are those pictured above? Cute little ornaments maybe for a tree? Not quite. These tasty little treats are Disney’s caramel candy apples and they are to die for. These sweet treats shower Downtown Disney and Disneyland with their sugar crystals and sweet designs. Onlookers will water at the mouth as they inquire, “where did you get that?” Before visiting Disney let me tell you where you can find these adorable tasty apples and treats.
Oh my gosh they have even more?!
In fact, there are two places you can find these treats. First stop, Downtown Disney in Anaheim, California. Downtown Disney is not inside either of the parks: Disneyland or California Adventure. What this means is that it is open to the public, you don’t need a ticket to visit. In Downtown Disney there is a magical sweets shop called Marcelines Confectionery. You can watch in enjoyment as handcrafted caramel apples magically turn into an assortment of Disney characters and other delectable treats are made. There is something to try for anyone that has a sweet tooth.
This is just a sneak peak of Marcelines, there is much more to gaze in excitement in the store. These sweet treats are almost to pretty to eat you may think! Don’t be afraid to take a bite out of them, they are even more delicious than you can imagine.
Don’t fear, already in the park and see someone walking around with a giant candy apple or a brick of fudge? Second stop, Disneyland itself in Anaheim California. This second stop is not free like Marcelines Confectionery in Downtown Disney. Visiting the Candy Palace and Candy Kitchen requires an entry ticket to Disneyland theme park. That’s the only catch. In hindsight you would be able to walk around the park munching on a sweet treat and enjoy a day at Disney though. Sounds like a win to me.
The caramel apple and candy themes are constantly changing! They might be snowmen for winter, or maybe a poison apple for Halloween or perhaps Dory and Marlin from Finding Nemo. You won’t know which one will be there until you visit yourself. So while you’re wondering where to get your craving of sweets don’t forget to stop at Marcelines Confectionery in Downtown Disney or the Candy Palace and Candy Kitchen inside Disneyland. You and your sweet tooth will not be disappointed! Have fun trying out all the different types of apples and sweet treats!
“This much I know. If you are what you eat, then I only wanna eat the good stuff.”
– Ratatouille (Remy)
December 26th 2019
“Probably the reason we all go so haywire at Christmas time with the endless unrestrained and often silly buying of gifts is that we don’t quite know how to put our love into words.”
– Harlan Miller
December 25th 2019
Merry Christmas everyone! Enjoy your holiday with family and friends! Eat all the food, drink all the drinks and unwrap all the presents! Spend time with your friends and family, make new memories and strengthen the love between everyone. 💚🎄
“My brothers and sisters, may the spirit of love which comes at Christmastime fill our homes and our lives and linger there long after the tree is down and the lights are put away for another year.”
-Thomas S. Monson