Time to Ring in the New Year
I hope everyone celebrated the new year safely and happily. This new year I will be doing it a little differently. I usually like to make resolutions to try and achieve by the end of the year. However, I tend to undershoot and end up disappointed that I didn’t set out to do. Instead, I will be doing my normal life and just being as positive and proactive as I can be. This takes some stress off of my shoulders and will hopefully let me spend this year better. I’m seeing this as a trial period and how it turns out.
How did you celebrate the new year? Any goals or new ways to spend the year?
You can get excited about the future. The past won’t mind.” ―Hillary DePiano
The journey of my tea advent calendar has finally come to an end. I finished the last of the teas. I enjoyed this advent calendar more so than the traditional chocolate ones. One of the reasons is because each day was something new to try and look forward to. A new flavor and a new saying that goes with each one.
- Day 13 – wild apple & cinnamon – From old orchards apples come with sweet and spicy cinnamon. Perfect Christmas heaven.
- Day 14 – peppermint & licorice – Minty cool, sweet with delight. The perfect post feast treat.
- Day 15 – lemongrass & ginger – Herbs to bring a little Christmas zing to your day- a lemony kick to stir your soul.
- Day 16 – relax – Find a quiet moment. Let marshmallow root and chamomile flowers be your gentle calm.
- Day 17 – Chamomile vanilla & manuka honey – dusky vanilla infused chamomile. Sweet manuka to bring a smile.
- Day 18 – licorice & cinnamon – Cinnamon and cacoa- sweeter still with licorice. No more heavenly brew than this.
- Day 19 – tulsi clarity – For when all is frantic. Let sacred herbs bring clarity to your Christmas.
- Day 20 – three chamomile – Sit back on a bed of flowers. Chamomile will let the hours gently flow.
- Day 21 – cleanse – Here is a tea of cool mint green. Sparkle and glow with a Christmas sheen.
- Day 22 – after dinner – Tea for after dinner.
- Day 23 – three licorice – As sweet as sweet can be with three forms of licorice blended beautifully for tea.
- Day 24 – three fennel – Only Santa need be awake. These are the herbs to magic you to Christmas Day.
I hope everyone had a safe and amazing Christmas. With New Years on the way stay safe, celebrate and ring in the New Year! To trying new things, and always looking forward to new things.
Freshly-cut Christmas trees smelling of stars and snow and pine resin— inhale deeply and fill your soul with wintry night.
– John J. Geddes
One of my favorite places to take photos is on the plane. Everything is so surreal and calm. It also helps when you have a pretty majestic playlist to listen to. I hope you all enjoy these as much as I enjoyed taking them.
It’s amazing what you can see when you’re in the sky.
“Great photography is about depth of feeling, not depth of field.”
I have to remind myself that it’s ok to have bad days. Not every day will be good. What I have to work on though is, not dwelling in the bad day and having it follow me into the next days. What I find helpful in not letting it spill into the next day is writing and music. I’ll write in my journal whatever im feeling and then let it roll off my back. I try not to bottle up my feelings. Its not healthy and it can be pretty stressful sometimes. Just my random thought of today.
It isn’t what you have or who you are or where you are or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about it.”
– Dale Carnegie
“Create the sequence of goodness, consequences will always be good.”
– From my Yogi tea this morning
Good morning everyone! Grab some coffee, tea or whatever else you like and enjoy your day today.💚
August seems to have flown by for me. One minute I’m setting up my goals and thinking about school, the next minute I’m in school and working full time. Let’s see what goals I have been able to achieve and work on from August. If you’d like to look at them click here.
- I need to continue to stay more active with my blog. Trying to write or put up a little daily insight.
- I have been working out almost 3 days a week. I had a pretty good schedule. With work I have to find some time.
- I am still working on the “28 Day Challenge.”
- Meal prepping…It’s been kind of working. I need to learn more and become better at it.
- I am becoming more organized and using my journal more.
- I am still staying positive and having a happier attitude. Some day’s are harder than others.
Now, while I’m still growing and achieving these goals, here are some goals I added for September:
- Learn to meal prep more effectively.
- Stop procrastinating with homework and things that I have to get done. One example would be my online training for work.
- Get back into a Yoga routine.
- Find a skin care routine that works for me, and stick to it.
What are some of your goals for September? Are you currently in the middle of working on some goals? Let me know down in the comment section below. I would love to hear them!
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”