Nursing School Edition #6
I just started my 3rd semester of nursing school and do you know what that means? More info about nursing school and the classes I’m in. It also means more “Word of the Day,” POP Quizzes and other beneficial educational and fun information. I hope you’re excited to learn new things or maybe just to refresh your memory. I know I am more than ready for this semester and couldn’t be more excited to bring you along. I would say, sit back and relax but instead: Let’s open our mind and learn!
1. Pathology is:
a. a disease
b. the bacteria that causes the disease
c. the study of disease
d. the complication of diseases
2. Etiology of a disease means the:
a. study of cause
b. predicted outcome of the disease or condition
c. cause is unknown
d. disease was caused by a hospital environment
3. A chronic disease usually has which of the following elements?
a. It is related to the respiratory system.
b. It happens suddenly but lasts only a short while.
c. It persists for a long period of time, often for the individual’s entire lifetime.
d. It has a sudden onset.
4. Diseases caused by an abnormality of an individual’s genetic makeup can be classified in which of the following categories?
c. Nutritional imbalance
5. Adenomas, carcinomas, and sarcomas are examples of:
b. hyperplasia and neoplasms
d. impaired immunity
6. When a cell adapts to irritants or damage by changing to another type of cell, it is called:
These were questions I picked out of study material that we learned in WEEK 1 for my Pathophysiology class. The correct answers are displayed in bold green text. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Happy Studying!