The journey of my tea advent calendar has finally come to an end. I finished the last of the teas. I enjoyed this advent calendar more so than the traditional chocolate ones. One of the reasons is because each day was something new to try and look forward to. A new flavor and a new saying that goes with each one.
- Day 13 – wild apple & cinnamon – From old orchards apples come with sweet and spicy cinnamon. Perfect Christmas heaven.
- Day 14 – peppermint & licorice – Minty cool, sweet with delight. The perfect post feast treat.
- Day 15 – lemongrass & ginger – Herbs to bring a little Christmas zing to your day- a lemony kick to stir your soul.
- Day 16 – relax – Find a quiet moment. Let marshmallow root and chamomile flowers be your gentle calm.
- Day 17 – Chamomile vanilla & manuka honey – dusky vanilla infused chamomile. Sweet manuka to bring a smile.
- Day 18 – licorice & cinnamon – Cinnamon and cacoa- sweeter still with licorice. No more heavenly brew than this.
- Day 19 – tulsi clarity – For when all is frantic. Let sacred herbs bring clarity to your Christmas.
- Day 20 – three chamomile – Sit back on a bed of flowers. Chamomile will let the hours gently flow.
- Day 21 – cleanse – Here is a tea of cool mint green. Sparkle and glow with a Christmas sheen.
- Day 22 – after dinner – Tea for after dinner.
- Day 23 – three licorice – As sweet as sweet can be with three forms of licorice blended beautifully for tea.
- Day 24 – three fennel – Only Santa need be awake. These are the herbs to magic you to Christmas Day.
I hope everyone had a safe and amazing Christmas. With New Years on the way stay safe, celebrate and ring in the New Year! To trying new things, and always looking forward to new things.
Freshly-cut Christmas trees smelling of stars and snow and pine resin— inhale deeply and fill your soul with wintry night.
– John J. Geddes
This is the perfect time for a cup of tea. It’s cold and raining and this perks you right up.
- Day 10 – Elderberry & Echinacea – A blend to keep winter at bay. Feel your power with every sip.
- Day 11 – Revitalize – Herbs together that smell of Christmas. Warming, uplifting- a cup to make your spirits festive.
- Day 12 – Ginseng Matcha Green – When your morning needs an extra skip. These are the herbs to light up your cup.
More teas I was able to try!
- Day 5 Supreme Matcha Green Tea – Here is the cup to make you feel supreme. Organic Matcha and tea- the purest green.
- Day 6 Three Ginger – Three wise herbal kings are here. Majestic heat to feel the cheer.
- Day 7 Three Fennel – Leaves and seeds of a powerful plant. Gentle but essential to help food go down.
- Day 8 Turmeric Gold – This is the queen of all herbs. Each sip a draught of golden power.
- Day 9 Blackcurrant Beauty – Nature’s berries bold and deep. A cup of purple fruit and dark delight.
The little sayings behind each packet of tea are cute and they give a little insight on that specific tea.
“Some people will tell you there is a great deal of poetry and fine sentiment in a chest of tea.”
– Ralph Waldo Emerson
Todays tea was, Pukka English Breakfast tea! I added a little bit of milk and had it in my Christmas mug. The saying today was :
At this time of year, breakfast should be special as this tea!
Let the festive Spirit…Begin!
I hope everyone has been having a fun, safe and happy year. This is my favorite season to celebrate. The festivities of Halloween leading into Thanksgiving, celebrating Christmas and then ringing out the New Year. So many events packed into just a few months. Celebrating Christmas has always been a festive and cheerful time for my family. My family has always liked to give small gifts or tokens through the month of December. This year I was gifted an advent calendar but with a twist: Tea. I love tea, and my mom actually found an advent calendar that has a different tea every day. Now, I can try out different flavors of tea and buy them if I like it. Each day of tea also gives a small saying behind it, which is cute. I was also gifted some comfy socks and a sloth ornament!
What are some of your Christmas Holiday traditions?
- Herbs to help you feel like new for mornings after or nights before. Day 1
- Cool mint and delicate rose. Perfect partners for a winter’s day. Day 2
- This is the cup that’s the carol singer’s friend. Sing loud with herbs that ease and tend. Day 3
“Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire: it is the time for home.”
― Edith Sitwell
Today my tea said,
“May this day bring you peace, tranquility and harmony.”
– Yogi Tea
For a Monday it started off just like how you would think a Monday would start. Things were a mess, batteries weren’t charged and it was storming! Now I did enjoy the rain, I just didn’t like my work jacket soaking it up. That was my fault though because I forgot my rain jacket. Overall though it turned out to be a pretty decent day and I kept reminding myself that my day would bring me peace and harmony.
Something I want to try to be mindful of
I want to try to not eat past ten o’clock. I think it will help curb my random snacking and I feel that it will help me be more aware of what I eat. The only exception that I’ll have is water of course and caffeine free tea. One of the tea’s that I really enjoy is a brand called Yogi Tea. The flavors are delicious and the tiny affirmations that come with them are super cute.
“When the mind is backed by will, miracles happen.”
– Yogi Tea
“If this is coffee, please bring me some tea; but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee.”
– Abraham Lincoln
What my tea of wisdom has for me today:
“In the beginning is you, in the middle is you and in the end is you.”